Southern Electronic Services
Our company manufactures power transformers, chokes and other wound components which are specifically designed to meet our customers’ requirements. We stock a wide range of materials enabling us to meet urgent custom transformer requirements within days, or even sooner! Our transformers are generally manufactured in these sizes:
- Single phase 2 VA up to 500 KVA
- Three phase 100 VA up to 1000 KVA
- Toroidal up to 5 KVA
- Power and output transformers (push pull and single ended) for valve amplifiers
An extensive range of power supplies and variable transformers is also available.
About one third of our power transformer production goes into Australian-made equipment for export. As a result, our Melbourne-made transformers are currently being used in some 85 countries around the world.
Our current customers include Westinghouse, IBM, Siemens Rail Automation, GBC Scientific Equipment and many others, all of whom are most satisfied with our products.
Our transformers operate at many Melbourne landmarks including:
- Melbourne Cricket Ground, Great Southern Stand
- Crown Casino, Melbourne
- Melbourne Park (National Tennis Centre)
- The City Loop (Melbourne Underground Rail Loop)
- The Alfred & Royal Women’s Hospitals
We have also created custom transformer solutions for interstate and international projects including:
- Darling Harbour Development, Sydney
- Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame, Longreach, Queensland
- Railway signalling equipment throughout Australia and South East Asia
- Renewable power systems and remote area power systems (RAPS) throughout Australia and South East Asia