Mornington Peninsula Shire
About Our Organisation
Mornington Peninsula Shire is responsible for more than 70 services from family and children’s services, traffic regulation, open space, youth facilities, waste management and community building; to matters concerning business development, planning for appropriate development and ensuring accountability for Council’s budget. This broad range of community services and infrastructure for residents supports the wellbeing and prosperity of our community.
Our Organisational Values
The Shire is committed to the highest standards of performance, behaviour and service.
To guide us in the delivery of exceptional community outcomes, we have five CORE values that are integral to everything we do:
• Respect, and
Our Core Values set the framework for how we work together to achieve outstanding outcomes for our customers and our community.
Our values guide us in clearly defining and communicating:
• How we do things at the Shire;
• How we make decisions in the best interests of the community we serve; and
• How we hold ourselves and each other accountable the highest standards of performance and conduct.
Our Values set our organisational culture and articulate the shared behaviours we are all required to live by when making decisions in the course of our work.
In living our values, we build a collective culture committed to high performance, and send a clear message to our colleagues and our community about how we go about our business.
To value, protect and improve the unique characteristics and way of life on our peninsula. “Valuing our unique peninsula”.
We will achieve this by:
• Providing effective leadership and representation by democratically elected councillors
• Listening and reflecting your collective aspirations in our plans
• Helping you create a resilient, inclusive community that can respond to challenges
• Bringing new ideas to discussions that create new opportunities
• Encouraging you to get involved in your community
• Working hard to provide the best possible service and value
• Keeping you up to date with what it is happening across the Shire in an open and direct way