Monash University is the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world’s top 100 and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. We’re named after Sir John Monash, and fuelled by his desire for our students to leave here with a greater sense of purpose, and the skills and confidence to create positive change.
In under 60 years, we’ve grown from a single campus into an education and research powerhouse with a presence on four continents, committed to the challenges of the age.
Our work is making an impact all over the world, from bringing clean water to villages in Africa to creating new life-saving medicines.
A desire to make a difference
We’re active in over 150 fields of research and work closely with government and industry.
Many of our ideas – such as a new Malaria vaccine and 3D-printed engines and body parts– have been commercialised and are making a difference to the world we live in every day.
Home to various precincts of innovation, we foster collaboration across traditional and unexpected disciplines. We build teams and form links, we bring together diverse minds – researchers, companies, businesses and technology – creating knowledge hubs of the future.
· We’re in the world’s top 100 universities (74th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017)
· 5 stars for staff qualifications and student retention (The Good Universities Guide 2017)
· No. 1 in Australia for Engineering and Technology (Times Higher Education Rankings by Subject 2016)
· Top 50 in the world for many disciplines including immunology, material science, pharmacology, social science and public health (USNWR Rankings by Subject 2016)
· Voted No. 1 in Australia for graduate employability by local recruiters (Times Higher Education 2016-2017)
Discover more at www.monash.edu
Clayton VIC 3800