Digital Twins in Manufacturing
This webinar will explore the benefits of Digital Twins through examples and case studies, to learn how manufacturing enterprises are implementing the technology to create business value.
Simply put, a digital twin is a virtual copy, digital replica, of a physical product, process or system. Utilising data from the actual physical environment extends the capabilities of the digital twin beyond simulation towards prediction. Manufacturers can experiment in a virtual (digital) and de-risked environment prior to committing to any actual changes. Over the last 3 years digital twin technology has become more widely used and is gaining traction and recognition in industry.
It is allowing manufacturers to:
• optimise various aspects of their operations through data capture and analysis
• take operational excellence to another level
• improve their equipment/product development cycles
• improve commissioning outcomes
• automate decision making and improve strategic thinking
• enable new service based business models