Airbus Defence and Space Industry Forum
The Victorian Government is pleased to present the second Airbus Defence and Space Industry Forum. Following from the first forum in March this year, this briefing will provide further updates including more information and detail around JP9102 – Australian Defence Satcom System (ASDSS). The Commonwealth’s Request for Tender (RFT) is due to be released later this year, with responses due in April 2021.
Airbus is seeking to identify suitable Australian partnerships for its Australian projects as well as for its wider Airbus global supply chain. You will be introduced to key Airbus representatives and given a high-level overview of the project and industrial capability areas in which Airbus is seeking expressions of interest. These include manufacturing, electronics/electrical engineering, software development, payload development, infrastructure and services. The event will consist of half an hour of presentations plus Q&A.
- 6:00 pm Welcome
- 6:05 pm Airbus Briefings from the UK and Australia
- 6:35 pm Q&A
- 6:55 pm Wrap Up/Close
- Cathy Luck, Commercial Manager, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Airbus Australia Pacific (Brisbane)
- Martin Rowse, JP9102 Campaign Lead and Key Account Manager for Space (Australia), Airbus Defence and Space (UK/Canberra)
- Scott White, Industry and Innovation Manager – Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Airbus Australia Pacific (Brisbane)
- Anne Combes, Procurement Manager, Airbus Defence and Space (UK)
Current projects of interest include:
- JP9102 – Australian Defence Satcom System
- Def 799 – Enhanced Satellite ISR Capability
- FMSC – Future Maritime Surveillance Capability
- Zephyr – High Altitude Pseudo Satellite
- EMAC – Enhanced Maritime Awareness Capability NZ
Airbus – Space project details are on the ICN Gateway webpage: https://gateway.icn.org.au/project/4552/airbus-space?st=projects&psid=1601525431
Further information on how to join the virtual meeting will be provided closer to the date of the event.